Yankee Fan Forums
Please login to the forum.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Yankee Fan Forums
Please login to the forum.
Yankee Fan Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Cito Culver

2 posters

Go down

Cito Culver Empty Cito Culver

Post by YankeesinGermany Tue Jun 08, 2010 12:50 pm

Round 1 Draft Pick.
here is what Damon Oppenheimer said about the 17-year old Switch-hitting Shortstop (Lohud Yankees Blog):

BAT: “Switch hitter. We like him from both sides of the plate. An above average hitter. He has pop in his bat, even with wood. It’s high school, but he’s hitting the ball over the fence in center field with a heavier wood bat than most of these kids we see using. The kid only struck out twice. We saw him all summer against the better stuff, guys throwing hard, and he squared the ball up well during that time so we think he’s going to hit. We think there’s a chance for power too.”

GLOVE: “You always keep your mind open, but his tools and his ability were what attracted us as a shortstop. You never know how long it will take for a guy to get there, and what’s in front of him when he does get there, but I think the fact that he’s in the middle of the field right now, we project him to be a shortstop. Worst-case scenario, if somebody was there blocking his way, you’re talking about a switch hitter that can run and do some other things, it would allow him (to change positions) if you need to.”

ARM: “He has a great arm. He’s up to 95 on the mound, but the idea of being able to get a switch-hitting shortstop is more attractive right now than a thrower, which is really what he is as a pitcher.”

MAKEUP: “He’s a no-nonsense kid. He’s a yes sir, no sir kid. He’s very solid. He’s not going to come out and be real emotional one way or the other. He’s a very solid kid who’s really passionate toward baseball. He’s a good person. We feel he’s a high-character kid. We watched him play real hard, so we felt real good about his makeup.”

SIGNABILITY: “He really wants to be a Yankee. I think that we’re going to get him. We should get him signed and get him out playing really soon. This guy really has a passion to make it through the minor leagues and play in New York.”

He hit .561 (37-for-66) with 10 doubles, five triples, nine home runs, 38 RBI and 20 walks in 22 regular season games
YankeesinGermany
YankeesinGermany
Major Leaguer
Major Leaguer

Back to top Go down

Cito Culver Empty Re: Cito Culver

Post by teddy3321 Tue Jun 08, 2010 6:22 pm

YankeesinGermany wrote:Round 1 Draft Pick.
here is what Damon Oppenheimer said about the 17-year old Switch-hitting Shortstop (Lohud Yankees Blog):

BAT: “Switch hitter. We like him from both sides of the plate. An above average hitter. He has pop in his bat, even with wood. It’s high school, but he’s hitting the ball over the fence in center field with a heavier wood bat than most of these kids we see using. The kid only struck out twice. We saw him all summer against the better stuff, guys throwing hard, and he squared the ball up well during that time so we think he’s going to hit. We think there’s a chance for power too.”

GLOVE: “You always keep your mind open, but his tools and his ability were what attracted us as a shortstop. You never know how long it will take for a guy to get there, and what’s in front of him when he does get there, but I think the fact that he’s in the middle of the field right now, we project him to be a shortstop.

Worst-case scenario, if somebody was there blocking his way, you’re talking about a switch hitter that can run and do some other things, it would allow him (to change positions) if you need to.”

ARM: “He has a great arm. He’s up to 95 on the mound, but the idea of being able to get a switch-hitting shortstop is more attractive right now than a thrower, which is really what he is as a pitcher.”

MAKEUP: “He’s a no-nonsense kid. He’s a yes sir, no sir kid. He’s very solid. He’s not going to come out and be real emotional one way or the other. He’s a very solid kid who’s really passionate toward baseball. He’s a good person. We feel he’s a high-character kid. We watched him play real hard, so we felt real good about his makeup.”

SIGNABILITY: “He really wants to be a Yankee. I think that we’re going to get him. We should get him signed and get him out playing really soon. This guy really has a passion to make it through the minor leagues and play in New York.”

He hit .561 (37-for-66) with 10 doubles, five triples, nine home runs, 38 RBI and 20 walks in 22 regular season games

i hear he was a reach by alot of people
teddy3321
teddy3321
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by teddy3321 Tue Jun 08, 2010 6:32 pm

off topic, how do you find those advance statistics again
teddy3321
teddy3321
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by YankeesinGermany Fri Jun 18, 2010 3:13 pm

culver has been officially signed from what i've heard. Weird though, i thought, that high-school draft-picks could only be signed after they've graduated? i always heard this won't be before sunday.
YankeesinGermany
YankeesinGermany
Major Leaguer
Major Leaguer

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum